Wednesday 10 August 2011

Ramadhan 1432H post #5

Let's be thankful today that we can fast without having to hide it from anyone.

Because some people don't have it that easy.

-----

"Even though my family knows I converted to Islam I am still hiding my fasting. Alhamdulillah! I’ve fasted every day so far without them knowing!

Working makes it super easy to keep from breaking my fast. I make my “lunch” the night before and I eat that for suhoor the next morning. Then I take the empty containers with me to work so that when I get picked up for work it looks like I ate my lunch at work. Our family usually eats super late so its not hard to make iftar on time. I offer to cook dinner a lot this month too.

Sundays are going to be more difficult because my family usually likes to cook something special and eat it pretty early in the day. At least earlier than we do on non “special” days. Its special because its church day. Anyways this Sunday my prayers were answered and it was made easy! We didn’t go to church because my mom had a really bad toothache and didn’t get any sleep the night before. Alhamdulillah I appreciate any break from church I can get. So I didn’t eat at all and around 4 my sister started talking about dinner so I talked her into watching her favorite movie with me. That killed two hours. I stalled the last two hours by “helping” her cook dinner. Or basically taking a one hour job and dragging it out to a 2 hour job.


Alhamdulillah please make dua’a that the next 3 weeks can be as easy as this week was, insha’Allah."

I <3 Ramadan :]

image 

(via perica786)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...